ARTIST OF THE YEAR
The Arts Consortium’s Artist of the Year designation began as a symbolic recognition of the award recipient’s contribution to our organization. As the Arts Consortium has evolved, so has this distinction.
GABRIELA SANTOS - 2023 ARTIST OF THE YEAR
The Arts Consortium is excited to have Gabriela Santos as our 2023 Artist of the Year! Gabriela is a talented artist who has participated in 34 collective exhibitions in Mexico and the U.S. Visit her artist of the year page to learn more about her and her work.
In order to be considered for the Artist of the Year designation, an artist must first demonstrate excellence in their artistic discipline. The following are the other requirements for the Artist of the Year designation.
- Be a member of the Arts Consortium
- Lives in Tulare County
- Creates original artwork
- Supports the mission of the Arts Consortium through free or low cost arts programming.
- Supports the mission of the Arts Consortium by being part of some form of arts education.
- Has shown or shows artwork locally and regionally.
- Since 2021, priority is given to artists who have shown artwork nationally and internationally.
The Artist of the Year receives the following benefits:
- Artwork placed on the cover of our Watermark Magazine.
- Four to six page artist profile in our Watermark magazine.
- Prominent placement in our Taste The Arts festival with two free booths during the year of their recognition and a free booth the following year.
- Invitation as a visiting artist to My Voice Media Center.
SUBMIT A NOMINATION
Know an artist who meets all the requirements to be the Arts Consortium’s Artist of the Year? Fill out the nomination form to nominate an artist to receive the distinction of Artist of the Year for the 2024-2025 season.
PAST ARTISTS OF THE YEAR
We have had a fantastic roster of Artists of the Year and expect many more in the years to come. Click on the available past artist of the year to learn more about them.
2020 – Shirley Keller
2019 – Andrew Kenefick
2018 – Toni Best
2017 – Erik Gonzalez
2016 – James Stark