Ice House Theatre announces fall 2021 season
Copper Creek, an all string “crossover” band, performing country, country-rock, folk-rock and rock hits from the 50s through the 90s. Sept. 24-26“Hot Flashes: The Musical,” a wildly entertaining rock ‘n’ roll musical review that follows the triumphs and challenges of an all-woman band as they move through the second half of life. Oct 29-Nov. 21.
“A Christmas Story” based on the 1983 movie that follows a young Ralphie Parker in his quest for “an official Red Ryder carbine action 200 shot BB gun. Dec. 3-19
410 E. Race, Visalia
Kings Players in Hanford announces fall 2021 season
“Angel Street: A Victorian Thriller,” Aug 28-Sept. 19.
Mystery Dinner Theatre with cocktails and dinner, Oct 2, 6:30 p.m.
“Merry Christmas, Dear Grandpa,” a comedy, Nov. 13-Dec. 5
Temple Theater, 514 Visalia St., Hanford
“Trouble at the Tropicana,” a murder mystery dinner, is a spoof on “I Love Lucy” in Desi’s Tropicana Night Club. Sept. 10 & 11 at 7:30 p.m. Sunday matinee, Sept. 12 at 2 p.m.
324 South N St., Tulare
First Friday in Downtown Visalia
Sept. 3 ~ 5-8 p.m.
Arts Consortium, 300 E. Oak
Last month’s drumming session was so popular that this month, the Arts Consortium will feature Rosalinda Verde and the Pims band.
Arts Visalia, 214 E. Oak
Oils and watercolors by Peggee Davis and the late Dolores Witt
Brandon-Mitchell Gallery, 117 S. Locust
“Friendships through Art” will feature best friends and internationally-recognized artists LaVone Sterling and Ellen Milinich.
The Creative Center, 410 E. Race
“Fiber, Fabric & Fashion” will feature stitchery, tie dye and original designs.
.Thursday, Sept. 2
- Main Street Hanford Live Music with outdoor dancing, great bands and food, every Thursday from 5:30-9 p.m. Civic Center Park, 113 Court St. www.mainstreethanford.
Friday, Sept. 3
- Downtown Visalia First Friday Art Walk from 5-8 p.m. at the Arts Consortium, Arts Visalia, Brandon-Mitchell Gallery and the Creative Center. www.artsconsortium.org.
- Live music with the P.S. Acoustic Duo playing classic rock, pop, folk, R&B and country music from the 60’s to present day. The Cellar Door, 101 W. Main. https://stayhappening.com/e/live-music-with-justin-garns-duo-E2ISTTM2T9J
Saturday, Sept. 4
- 1st Saturday in Three Rivers from 11-5 features open art studios and businesses with a wide variety of art and food. Pick up a map at the Historical Museum, 42268 Sierra Drive (Highway 198) or Kaweah Arts, 41841 Sierra Drive. 559 799-1473 or www.1stSaturdayTR.com
- The Mattson 2, identical twins playing jazz on guitar and drums, at the Cellar Door, 101 W. Main, Visalia. 7:30 p.m. https://m.facebook.com/cellardoor101
Saturday, Sept. 11
- Grammy Award winning trumpeter Chris Botti will play at 7 p.m. on the Courthouse Stage at Civic Court Park, 113 Court St., Hanford. He has performed with Barbra Streisand, Tony Bennett, Lady Gaga, Frank Sinatra and many other greats. For tickets, Google Chris Botti in Hanford.
Tuesday, Sept. 14
- Open mic night every second Tuesday from 6-8:30 p.m. at the Barrelhouse, 532 E. Main, Visalia. Hosted by Grace Note Studio. https://www.barrelhousebrewing.com/locations-visalia
Saturday, Sept. 18
- 20th Annual Downtown Hanford Blues & Roots Festival at 5:30 p.m. in Civic Center Park, 113 Court St. Featuring the Daniel Castro Band. Bring your dancing shoes, blankets and lawn chairs. Free. 559 582-9457