NOTE: Most events have been cancelled, postponed or gone viral. Please see one virtual art tour below.
Friday, April 3
- The Arts Consortium F1rst Friday event this month will be an online show featuring the artwork of local artist, Nate Norman. Often inspired by popular culture and video games, his most popular work includes a blend of pixel art and painted scenery in order to create a three-dimensional piece of art. Join us online via YouTube on our Arts Consortium Facebook page or Instagram for a wonderful evening that includes an art demonstration, virtual art tour and interview with Nate.
- Arts Visalia is inviting you to enjoy First Friday with us from the comfort of your own home! We are proud to provide the opportunity to continue to experience our exhibit from March: Women’s History Month-Christina Brunk & Abby Rubinstein as a virtual experience. Please go to http://www.artsvisalia.org/virtual-tours/ to experience the Virtual Gallery Tour. Due to the unprecedented global events Arts Visalia has chosen to postpone our April Exhibit: Baskets and Gourds-Containers of our Culture until April 2021. We have additionally made the difficult decision to cancel all art classes and keep the gallery closed until further notice. We will update with more information as it becomes available. Thank you for your continued support.
- Women’s History Month Exhibit featuring the art of Christina Brunk and Abby Rubinstein is at Arts Visalia, 214 E. Oak, March 4-27. Open Wednesdays-Saturdays12-5:30. 559 739-0905 or www.artsvisalia.org
- The Arts Consortium is previewing artists in March who will be demonstrating their art during the South Valley Art Tour on March 28-29. Buy your tickets for the Art Tour there. Open Tuesdays-Fridays 10-3. 300 E Oak, Visalia. 559 802-3266 or www.artsconsortium.org/f1irst-friday-announcements
- “In Light In” is a contemporary show by Nicole Foran, Andrew Indelicato and Angie Zielinski at College of the Sequoias Art Gallery, 915 S. Mooney, Visalia, March 3-25. The gallery is located in Room 214 (downstairs) in the Kaweah Building at the corner of Meadow and Mooney. Open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays 11-4 and Thursdays 11-6. Free 20-minute parking in the circle in front of the college. www.facebook.com/COSGallery/photos
- Art by Hanford’s Plein Air (outdoor) group and modern art by Eva Nicholson is at the Brandon-Mitchell Gallery, 117 S. Locust, Visalia, in March and April. The artists will also be demonstrating their art during the South Valley Art Tour March 28-29. The gallery is open during First Friday art walks and after service on Sundays at 11:30. 559 625-2441 or www.brandonmitchellgallery.com
- The Creative Center, 410 E Race, Visalia, presents “Push” in March, works on canvas by the Creative Center clients. Open Mondays-Fridays 10-3. www.artsconsortium.org/f1irst-friday-announcements
- 210 Café, 210 W. Center, Visalia, features the artwork of My Voice Media Center participants. My Voice Media Center is a collaboration between the Arts Consortium and Tulare County Health and Human Services Agency which provides art instruction for adults and their support base who have lived experience with mental illness. www.artsconsortium.org/f1irst-friday-announcements
- 12th Annual “Miniatures” show and fundraiser at the Tulare Historical Museum, 444 W. Tulare in Tulare, from December 15-March 7. Buy tickets and have a chance to win your favorite miniature. Drawing on March 11. Open Thursdays-Saturdays 10-4. 559 686-2074 or www.tularehistoricalmuseum.org
- The 16th annual “Tulare County Varied Impressions” art show is at the Tulare Historical Museum, 444 W. Tulare in Tulare, January 9-February 29. Local artists present views of the county through their eyes. Open Thursdays-Saturdays 10-4. 559 686-2074 or www.tularehistoricalmuseum.org
- Julie Raymer’s watercolors are on exhibit at Exeter Courthouse Gallery, 125 South B St. from March 7-May 2. Open Saturdays & Sundays 10-4. www.facebook.com/JulieRaymer-watercolors
- Art by featured artist Linda Hengst and the 4th Annual Bad Art Show is at the Porterville Art Association, 151 N. Main, from January 15-March 12. The Bad Art show includes work rejected by a gallery or intentionally created to be bad or for a laugh. Open Wednesdays-Saturdays 10-4. www.facebook.com/PortervilleArtAssociation
- Two artists are displaying their work at the Kings Art Center, 605 N. Douty, Hanford, from January 17-February 29. Featuring abstract and representional contemporary art by Trayzers Akimbo and positive and emotional art by Tanya Miller. Open Wednesdays-Fridays 11-4 and Saturdays & Sundays 12-3. 559 584-1065 or www.kingsartcenter.org
- Creating a Fruitful Legacy–Celebrating Korean Experiences in Tulare County” is an exhibit at the Tulare County Museum, 27000 S. Mooney, Visalia (in the “big red barn” at Mooney Grove Park). www.facebook.com/ExhibitOpening:CreatingaFruitfulLegacy