NOTE: Most events have been cancelled, postponed or gone viral.
Below are listings for the month of March, 2021:
The Arts Consortium
- The Arts Consortium’s F1rst Friday event in March will be a virtual show featuring the County Poetry Out Loud Competition. Poetry Out Loud inspires in high school students the confidence to make themselves heard, using one of the most powerful tools at their disposal—art. Poetry in education has experienced a Renaissance through Poetry Out Loud. Students are given the opportunity to interact with the words of the masters through recitation, building a relationship with the works and creating a sense of shared ownership branded by their own technique of volume, pitch, pace, and personal point of view. California proudly holds court as home to the largest Poetry Out Loud competition in the country, growing steadily since its start in 2005. Join us on March 5th at 5:00 p.m. online via YouTube on our Arts Consortium Facebook page or Instagram and enjoy the show! Here’s the direct link to the Arts Consortium’s YouTube channel: tinyurl.com/ACarts2020
- Arts Visalia is having an exhibition titled Seen and Unseen – Ricardo Favela: Expressions of Chicano/a Art, featuring Cosecha del Pueblo: Chicana/o Artistas de Tula — a group exhibition of artists rooted in the Valley.
Arts Visalia is anticipating having our doors open Wednesday-Saturday from noon-5:30 p.m. to allow our visitors to experience the artworks in person. However, we will continue to have a virtual gallery tour available on our website at www.artsvisalia.org/virtual-tours to allow everyone an opportunity to see these engaging exhibitions. If Arts Visalia is unable to have our doors open we will be offering the opportunity to schedule your viewing experience Wednesday through Saturday from 1:00 PM- 3:00 PM.
For questions or to schedule a visit, please call us at 559-739-0905 or email email@example.com. You can also follow us on facebook and instagram or visit our website at www.artsvisalia.org for more information, and updates.
- The Brandon-Mitchell Gallery’s exhibition for March is “Collaboration in Art,” a collection of acrylics, ceramics and wall hangings by Colleen Hopkins and Kelsey Gilles, plus beautiful framed rustic mini quilts made by Colleen’s mother, Jeanette Mitchell, and framed in rustic wood by Colleen and Kelsey.
For more information, go to: https://www.brandonmitchellgallery.com/
The Arts Consortium’s F1rst Friday will have additional virtual venues participating in upcoming months.
- Friends of Allensworth Virtual Fundraiser
- Virtual Fundraiser Talent Show