The F1rst Friday tradition continues!
The Arts Consortium will be featuring a LIVE show in June! Our other participating venues will also be LIVE IN PERSON shows! (See venue details for event information.)
Where to go:
The Arts Consortium invites you to join us in Downtown Visalia at various venues as we celebrate local art and the performing arts!
F1rst Friday is a monthly event! Help us spread the word by telling your friends!
Upcoming in June, the Arts Consortium’s F1rst Friday show will be The Mind of Arthur Tium at Brandon-Mitchell Gallery. Who is this mysterious, elusive, and somewhat eccentric artist? Come to art hop in Downtown Visalia on June 3rd from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and find out! We’ll also be featuring artwork by some of the staff and facilitators that work at the Arts Consortium! There will be music performed by students from the Hamilton Piano Studio and a guitar performance by Thomas Fetch. We’ll have snacks, as well! PLEASE NOTE: The Arts Consortium’s show will be at Brandon-Mitchell Gallery, 117 S. Locust.
We’re also having a RAFFLE! We’re giving away a piece of artwork by… Arthur Tium! Just have your F1rst Friday map initialed at four of the six participating venues in order to enter! Write your name and phone number on the map and turn it in at any one of the venues and we will have a drawing next week. We’ll post the winner on our Instagram and Facebook page.
Come join us in Downtown Visalia for a fun evening of FREE art and music! Most shows run from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (see individual venue posters for details).
June, 2022 F1rst Friday ExhibitionsArts Consortium
808 N. Court St.
The Arts Consortium Presents: The Mind of Arthur Tium
- The Arts Consortium’s LIVE F1rst Friday event on June 3rd, 2022 will feature artwork by the Arts Consortium staff and My Voice Media Center facilitators . The show is titled The Mind of Arthur Tium. Music provided by students from Hamilton Piano Studio and guitarist, Thomas Fetch. There will also be snacks! The show is from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. PLEASE NOTE: the address for the show is the Brandon-Mitchell Gallery, 117 S. Locust in Visalia.
Come join us in Downtown Visalia for a fun evening of free art and music!
For more information, visit our website at artsconsortium.org or call 559-772-0001
214 E. Oak Ave.
Persian Calligraphy in Abstract – Hesam Sabetian
- Arts Visalia Presents: Persian Calligraphy in Abstract – Hesam Sabetian for F1rst Friday on June 3rd. The reception will be from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. The exhibition runs from June 1st – 24th, 2022, Wed-Sat Noon to 5:30pm. Admission is free.
Online Event: http://www.artsvisalia.org/virtual-tours/
Contact: Arts Visalia Visual Art Center, Attn: Michelle Goans, Gallery Director. 559-739-0905, firstname.lastname@example.org
While checking out the First Friday art stops, be sure to take a trip along Main Street between Hall and Santa Fe Streets in Downtown Visalia to see the eye-catching Art on Fire hydrants. Painted with unique designs by local artists, the 25 hydrants brighten up our beautiful downtown area.
For questions, please call 559-739-0905 or email email@example.com
117 S. Locust St.
Arts Consortium Presents: The Mind of Arthur Tium
- The Brandon-Mitchell Gallery’s LIVE exhibition for F1rst Friday on June 3rd, 2022, The Mind of Arthur Tium, is an exhibition of artists made up of staff and facilitators from the Arts Consortium. The show runs through the end of June. There will also be live music by students from Hamilton Piano Studio and guitarist, Thomas Fetch. A raffle is being held — the winner will receive a piece of artwork by artist, Arthur Tium. Just pick up a F1rst Friday map at any of the six participating art hop venues, have it initialed at four of the venues, then turn it in at your last stop to enter. The F1rst Friday show is from 5:00 p.m – 8:00 p.m.
For more information, visit the Brandon-Mitchell website at: www.brandonmitchellgallery.org or call 559-625-2441.
The Odd Shop
118 S. Court St.
June Summer Jam
- The Odd Shop’s F1rst Friday show is June Summer Jam! Outdoor karaoke brought to you by Mechanical Mayhem Karaoke. A summer-themed photo booth will be provided by Flat Cap Fedora. There will also be delicious local jelly and jam available for purchase
Contact Info: Four Creeks Lodge #94, 118 S. Court St., Visalia or call 559-972-2023
The Creative Center
410 E. Race St.
Evening of Music!
- The Creative Center’s F1rst Friday show on June 3rd is an Evening of Music! The talent show is open to all musical entries. The hours of the event are 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the Jon Ginsburg Gallery.
For more information, please visit their website: http://www.thecreativecenter-visalia.org/ or call 559-733-9329
210 W. Center St.
Artist, Cathy Meis
- 210 Cafe will showcase the artwork of watercolor and fiber artist, Cathy Meis. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with reception, snacks, and music. The cafe will also be open for beverages and blended drinks.
For more information, contact 210 Cafe at: 559-739-9010
Sequoia Secondhand & Vintage
119 W. Main St.
- Sequoia Secondhand & Vintage will be having a LIVE F1rst Friday show, Henna by Petra, featuring henna artist, Petra Wolf. She will be doing a henna demonstration and guests can pay for henna artwork.
For more information, contact Sequoia Secondhand & Vintage: (559) 754-2228
*You will be taken to a secure checkout provided by Paypal.com