CALL TO ARTISTS
The Arts Consortium would like to invite members and POTENTIAL members to participate in our December 2018 “Lend a Paw” First Friday show.
Entries will be accepted November 30 – 10AM-6PM at the Consortium (300 E. Oak Ave.)
We have teamed up with UnionJacki Rescue for First Friday in December!
We want to display your dog themed or Union Jack themed artwork…or maybe you have a piece with BOTH! UnionJacki Rescue is a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Jacquie’s journey started in the suburbs of Manchester, England with the family pooch named Laddie. She moved to Southern California in the early 80’s & began her career in pet grooming.
Her passion bloomed into rescue & fostering before her departure from the San Fernando valley to Tulare Co. In 2009 the UnionJacki Community “dream” soon became a reality & has developed a team of rescue folks & foster families. UnionJacki’s motto is “We are dedicated to placing the perfect pooch on the perfect porch!”
During the event we will also have a dog adoption!
Gift Baskets and other items will be auctioned off with proceeds going to UnionJackie!
Artists we need your help to fill the Gallery!
LIMIT – THREE ENTRIES PER PERSON
- Each work of art should convey the theme.
Of either dog(s), or British themed artwork.
- We are taking in all media, painting, drawing, sculpture, couture etc..
- Original work only, submitted by the artist or a friend of the artist.
- We will be asking for a $5.00 entry fee from Arts Consortium members and $10.00 from non-members. Per Piece. If you want to become a member at take in we will waive the fee when you pay the $25.00 membership. If your piece sells we will take 20% commission of the selling price. The Consortium will handle all sales. It is the artist’s responsibility to price their work to reflect the 20%.
- The artist is expected to carry their own insurance. All work shown is at the risk of the artist.
- Two-dimensional work must be properly wired and ready to hang. Work not meeting this requirement will not be accepted into the show. No saw-tooth hangers, please.
- All artwork must be complete and dry before entry.
- Sold work must remain at the gallery until the end of the show. The person buying the work may pick up the piece with proof of payment.
- Sculptural works that need to be hung should be brought in with hardware sturdy enough to hang. We have peg-board walls and use hooks to hang. We cannot hang from the ceiling.
- Maximum dimensions for 2-dimensional art is 30 X 40 – vertically hung, this is including frame.
- Sculpture pieces, free-standing can be no larger than 5ft. tall and 4ft. wide and must be on a study base that cannot be knocked over. No sharp edges or points easily broken.
- All work must be labeled with the artist’s name and current contact information, title and price.
- This is a juried exhibit and entries will be accepted or rejected upon entry.
Friday, November 30 – 10AM-6PM – Receiving submissions
Friday December 7 – 5PM -8PM – Opening Reception
Friday – Pick up artwork by appointment due to the holidays
Work must be picked up by January 3rd.
The Arts Consortium will generate publicity for the exhibit, and will provide invitations to the reception that the artists can personalize and mail at their own expense.
Questions can be directed to Joshua at – Joshua@artsconsortium.org