June 14, 2017
CALL TO ARTISTS
The Arts Consortium would like to invite members and POTENTIAL members to participate in our AUGUST First Friday show – “I’m Melting…”
As the theme suggests, we are HOT in August! You can interpret the theme to mean anything hot, melting, sticky, what it means to live in the Valley heat, the drought, OR - how we cope with the heat…cooling thoughts, ice cream, cool ponds, warm beach getaways……Entries will be accepted Friday 7/28/17 at the Consortium (300 E. Oak Ave) from 10 AM – 6:00 PM.
LIMIT - TWO ENTRIES PER PERSON
1. Each work of art should convey the theme.
2. We are taking in all media, painting, drawing, sculpture, etc..
3. Original work only, submitted by the artist or a friend of the artist.
4. We will be asking for a $5.00 entry fee from Arts Consortium members and $10.00 from non-members. If you want to become a member at take in we will waive the fee when you pay the $25.00 membership. 5. If your piece sells we will take 20% commission of the selling price. The Consortium will handle all sales. It is the artist’s responsibility to price their work to reflect the 20%.
6. The artist is expected to carry their own insurance. All work shown is at the risk of the artist.
7. Two dimensional work must be properly wired and ready to hang. Work not meeting this requirement will not be accepted into the show. No saw-tooth hangers please.
8. All art work must be complete and dry before entry.
9. Sold work must remain at the gallery until the end of the show. The person buying the work may pick up the piece with proof of payment.
10. Sculptural works that need to be hung should be brought in with hardware sturdy enough to hang. We cannot hang from the ceiling.
11. Maximum dimensions for 2-dimensional art is 30 X 40 – vertically hung, this is including frame.
12. Sculpture pieces, free standing can be no larger than 5ft. tall and 4ft. wide and must be on a study base that cannot be knocked over. No sharp edges or points easily broken.
13. All work must be labeled with the artist’s name and current contact information, title and price.
14. This is a juried exhibit and entries will be accepted or rejected upon entry. We are limited to 50 entries so get here early!
15. All work MUST BE PICKED UP on Friday August 25 - 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM. We do not have room for storage and will be receiving art for the next show in the following week.
Friday July 28 - 10AM-6PM - Receiving submissions
Friday August 4 - 5PM -8PM - First Friday Opening Reception
Friday August 25 -10AM-6PM – Pick up art work
The Arts Consortium will generate publicity for the exhibit, and will provide invitations to the reception that the artists can personalize and mail at their own expense. Questions can be directed to Joanie Constable, Operations Director