Latest news and updates
June 05, 2018
Requested by the Arts Consortium, in partnership with the County of Tulare
Calling for those interested in creating and installing a public outdoor artwork to repurpose a non-functional fountain/koi pond at Mooney Grove Park in Visalia, CA.
This is a call for 1/12-scale maquettes as proposals for the repurposing and beautification of what was previously the fountain structure/koi pond at Mooney Grove Park (just north of the boat dock).
Proposals will be judged based on their success at incorporating the history of the fountain/coy pond, and elements honoring Tulare County as a whole.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, July 27th 11:59 PM
Project must be 100% complete by: 5/30/19
LOCATION: Mooney Grove Park, Visalia - just North of the boat dock
ELIGIBILITY: Artist must be a resident of Tulare County. Must be 18 yrs. or older or have parent/guardian consent.
This project requires a 1/12 maquette submission of your plan to beautify the Mooney Grove fountain/koi pond structure
All proposed materials must be light-fast, weather resistant, and free of unsafe conditions or factors
Artist will be responsible for submitting a realistic budget and timeline.
Group/collaborative proposal for beautification project will be considered
Proposals submitted after the deadline will not be accepted
Artwork has to be family + community friendly
Arts Consortium panelists will choose the top 3 submissions to receive $500.00 prize each. The Tulare County Board of Supervisors will choose the ideal candidate from the top 3 proposals to receive a $10,000.00 budget for the project’s execution, materials and installation.
There is no entry fee.
Proposal must include:
Name of all artists
Examples of previous artwork
Approx. 200 word concept for proposed fountain structure beautification
Availability/ time frame to work on the project
Send images of your proposal in PDF format to email@example.com
The creators of the top 3 submissions will be notified by August 3 VIA EMAIL, and will be requested to be present at our membership meeting on August 13, at 5:30 PM – 300 E. Oak Ave. Visalia
Deadline: Friday, July 27th by 11:59 PM
Arts Consortium, Tulare County’s Designated Arts Council
Contact: Ampelio Mejia Perez
June 05, 2018
Duties and Responsibilities – 5 hours per week, $18-$20 per hour
Reports directly to the General Manager
Works directly with Marketing Coordinator to maintain Arts Consortium branding according to Arts Consortium marketing plan.
Will create the following items with the intent to share final products through printed and digital means (email and social media):
New branding assets as needed
Calls to artists
Requests for proposal
“Passport” – South Valley Artists’ Studio Tour
Promotional materials for Arts Consortium and My Voice Media Center events
First Friday – 2 posters per month
South Valley Artists’ Studio Tour – “Passport”
Taste The Arts – Event signage
Open Mic – Once per quarter
MVMC Art Sessions
Ideal candidate must possess knowledge of graphic design software and tools, including:
Understanding of printing processes and specifications
In order to be considered for an interview, please submit a sample of your work that is specific to an event. Ideal candidates will have experience working with recurring events involving partner/sponsor logos, multiple vendors, multiple activities. Submit 2 poster samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.Read More
May 10, 2018
May 01, 2018
Calling all Sculptor and Ceramic Artists! We are featuring you during June and during First Friday!
The Arts Consortium would like to invite all to participate in our June 2018 “Adventures in 3-D” First Friday show, featuring sculpture, ceramics, and assemblage.
Entries will be accepted Friday 5/25/18 at the Consortium (300 E. Oak Ave.) from 10 AM – 6:00 PM.
LIMIT - THREE ENTRIES PER PERSON
1. Original work only, submitted by the artist or a friend of the artist.
2. We will be asking for a $10.00 entry fee (per piece). If you want to become at take in we will waive the fee when you pay the $25.00 membership.
3. If your piece sells we will take 20% commission of the selling price. The Consortium will handle all sales. It is the artist’s responsibility to price their work to reflect the 20%.
4. The artist is expected to carry their own insurance. All work shown is at the risk of the artist.
5. Sculptural works that need to be hung should be brought in with hardware sturdy enough to hang. We have peg-board walls and use hooks to hang. We cannot hang from the ceiling.
6. Sculpture pieces, free standing can be no larger than 5ft. tall and 4ft. wide and must be on a study base that cannot be knocked over. No sharp edges or points easily broken.
7. All work must be labeled with the artist’s name and current contact information, title and price.
8. This is a juried exhibit and entries will be accepted or rejected upon entry.
9. Sold work must remain at the gallery until the end of the show. The person buying the work may pick up the piece with proof of payment.
10. All work MUST BE PICKED UP on Friday June 29 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM. We do not have room for storage and will be receiving art for the next show in the following week.
Friday May 25 - 10AM-6PM - Receiving submissions
Friday June 1 - 5PM -8PM - Opening Reception
Friday June 29 -10AM-6PM – Pick up art work
The Arts Consortium will generate publicity for the exhibit, and will provide invitations to the reception that the artists can personalize and mail at their own expense.
Questions can be directed to Josh email@example.com
April 24, 2018
On March 24, 2018, the La Joya Middle School team for Odyssey of the Mind (OM) won the California State Championships! By placing first in the State Championships, the team is allowed to travel across the country to compete at the World Competition at Iowa State University. For more information please read the letter below! And Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to support our local students in the tremendous accomplishment!